HP Envy Photo 7855 is an All-in-One printer that can print, fax, copy, and scan. It comes with a color touchscreen control panel, Auto Document Feeder (ADF), and a separate photo tray. This printer supports Ethernet networking, mobile printing, and automatic duplex printing. To know how to install the HP Envy photo 7855 printer, proceed with these steps.
Carry out these steps if you are installing the HP Envy Photo 7855 printer for the first-time:
- First, unpack the printer and take out the printer’s supplies.
- Next, remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the printer’s rear port and the other end to an electrical outlet.
- Power up the printer and configure the basic printer settings such as country/region, language, date, and time.
- After finishing the basic setup, tap the Yes button on the printer’s touchscreen panel.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and then open the ink access door of the printer.
- Remove the protective seal from the ink cartridges without touching the copper-colored parts while installing HP Envy Photo 7855.
- Install the print cartridges into the ink holders and close the ink access door.
- Pull out the paper input tray and the output tray.
- Now, push the photo tray into the printer and place a stack of legal paper in the input tray.
- Adjust the paper-width guides and push the paper input tray back into the printer.
- Next, install the printer software on your computer and connect the printer to it while installing HP Envy photo 7855.
- For mobile printing, download the HP Smart app from the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store app.
Install HP Envy photo 7855 On MAC
Carry out these steps to install the HP Envy Photo 7855 printer on a Mac computer:
- Connect the HP printer to your Mac using a standard USB cable.
- Turn on both the devices and download the HP Easy Start software from the official HP site.
- After downloading the software, navigate to the Downloads folder and give a double-click on the installer file.
- In the HP Easy Start setup wizard, click the Install button.
- If prompted, enter your Mac’s administrator password in the required field.
- Agree to the EULA and select the USB connection option as your connection type.
- Finish the driver installation process with the help of the on-screen prompts.
- After completing the driver installation, add the printer to your Mac.
- In the Add window, select your HP printer’s name in the Use field.
- Verify the printer function by printing/scanning remotely from the Mac computer after installing HP Envy photo 7855 on MAC.
To install HP Envy Photo 7855 on Windows
Carry out these steps to install the HP Envy Photo 7855 printer on your Windows computer:
- First, turn on your printer and the computer.
- Make sure that you have removed the previously installed HP printer drivers from your computer.
- Next, disable the antivirus software or firewall on your computer to avoid interruption.
- Click the Start menu and type ‘change device installation settings’ in the search panel.
- Press the Enter key to open the Device Installation Settings window.
- Next, enable the Yes radio button and click Save Changes.
- Connect your HP Envy Photo 7855 printer to the Windows computer using a standard USB cable.
- Ensure that your computer has access to the internet.
- If the computer detects the USB connection and displays the Found new hardware screen, follow the on-screen prompts and install the driver.
- Otherwise, go to the Control Panel window and click on Devices and Printers.
- Click the Add a printer button and select your printer’s name from the displayed list.
- If you couldn’t find your printer’s name, click the ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ link and click Next.
- Enable the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings radio button and click Next.
- Select the Use an existing port option and click on Windows Update to update the built-in printer drivers.
- Select HP from the Manufacturer panel and click on your printer’s name in the Printers section.
- Click the Next button and finish the driver installation.
- After the driver installation, verify the printer function.
HP Envy Photo 7855 Driver Download
You can download the HP printer driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. Otherwise, download it from the official HP site with the help of the steps mentioned below.
- Before downloading the driver on your computer, remove the previously installed HP printer driver if any.
- Close all the running programs and open the default browser.
- Navigate to the official HP site and enter your printer’s model number in the search panel.
- Press the Enter key to go to the support page of your HP printer.
- Click the Software, Drivers, and Firmware button.
- On the next screen, click the Choose a different OS link to select your OS.
- Under Driver-Product Installation Software, select either the HP Smart app or the Basic Driver option.
- Click the Get the App button if you wish to download the HP Smart app while Installing HP Envy Photo 7855.
- Otherwise, download the Basic Driver.
HP Envy Photo 7855 Driver Install
Installing the printer driver on your Windows computer using the HP Easy Start software:
- On your Windows computer, download the HP Easy Start software from the official HP site.
- Extract the installer file from the Downloads folder and launch it after installing the HP Envy photo 7855 driver.
- If the User Account Control window pops-up, click the Yes button to allow the app to make changes to your computer.
- Connect a standard USB cable between the printer and the computer.
- In the HP Easy Start window, agree to the EULA by selecting the ‘I have read and agree to the End User License Agreement and HP Privacy Statement’ checkbox.
- Click the Continue button and wait until the printer is detected automatically.
- Once the printer is detected, click Continue and do as per the on-screen prompts.
*Note: If your printer is not detected, click the My Printer is Not Shown button. Make sure that you have installed the compatible printer software on your Windows computer.
- On the Choose your software and driver screen, enable the Full software and drivers (Recommended) radio button.
- Click Continue and wait until the printer software is downloaded.
- Follow the rest of the instructions displayed in the HP Easy Start window and complete the driver installation process.
- Finally, click the Finish button.
How To Connect HP Envy 7855 To Wi-Fi?
Setting up the HP Envy Photo 7855 printer over a wireless network is quite easy if you proceed with the quick steps given on this page. You can connect the HP printer to the Wi-Fi network by various methods; WPS Push Button method, WPS PIN method, WLAN Assistant method, and Wi-Fi Direct connection. Follow these steps to connect and install your HP Envy photo 7855 printer to the wireless network using the WPS Push Button method.
- This method is only applicable if your Wi-Fi router supports WPS.
- Turn on the HP printer and the Wi-Fi router.
- Place the Wi-Fi router near the HP printer to avoid connectivity issues.
- Navigate to the printer’s touchscreen panel and select the Wireless Settings menu.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button and select Push Button.
- Tap the Start button to initiate the WPS connection mode.
- Next, go to the Wi-Fi router and press the WPS button.
- Hold it for 4 to 5 seconds.
- This should be executed within 2 minutes of selecting the Push Button option on the printer.
- If you have exceeded the time limit, restart the process.
- If the printer’s wireless indicator stops flashing and turns solid blue, the printer is successfully connected to the wireless network.
- Now, connect your computer to the same wireless network.
- Insert the Setup CD-ROM into the CD/DVD drive of your computer to install the printer driver.
- Otherwise, run the downloaded installer file to begin the driver installation process.
- into Make sure to select the Wireless connection option as your connection type when prompted by the installer.
- Do as per the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the driver setup.
- After completing the HP Envy photo 7855 printer driver installation, print wirelessly from the computer to the printer to verify the connection.